It's a new year and we're looking forward to a "new" and better NJCSD in 2010.
We've been doing this long enough to know that NJCSD has the staying power to be a force for sanity, responsibility and progress regarding citizen's rights in the areas of self-defense and the gun laws of New Jersey. It's time for NJCSD to take a more aggressive/assertive stance on many issues, put forth more specific proposals and programs and generally assume a stronger leadership role in getting things "set right" in New Jersey.
To do this we've put together a "to-do" list to guide NJCSD in our efforts and activities throughout the coming year. A kind of "New Year's Resolution" list that will serve to focus our energies and get more and better things done for our membership and for all the citizens of New Jersey. Getting it all done will be a challenge, but a challenge that we think we're up to -- with a little help from our friends. Here's the list, so far:
- A Focus on Legislative Affairs - This year, NJCSD will put more time and energy into setting straight the body of laws concerning self-defense, gun rights and related issues. Working cooperatively with those legislators who are willing, NJCSD will help draft changes to existing law and new legislation to help restore, protect and preserve our unalienable rights. Look for more information and announcements in the coming weeks and months. We're going to be working assertively at all levels - local, county, state and even nationally - to get the morass of onerous and burdensome laws cleaned up.
- NJCSD In the News - Our plans call for broader exposure of NJCSD and its activities in the news. We'll be speaking out through press releases, speaking opportunities, participation on call-in shows, before legislative committees and through web-based communication more than ever before. This year NJCSD intends to get more attention for our goals and to make people "sit up and take notice". Look for announcements and news regarding our new, broader publicity campaign and public communication program.
- Better Membership Services and Website Features - You may have already noticed the less expensive and simplified membership plans, improved payment and event registration and our first steps toward creating an online retail store. Look for more and more improved features, more news, more links, more blogs and a fresh new look coming soon. It's our goal to make the NJCSD website your "go to" place for information, communication and goods and services pertinent to our common purpose.
- Expanded Activities Program - The Right to Carry Road Show (R) will grow this year and become a regular event available to more people in more locations. This successful program has already helped hundreds of participants get their Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit and we anticipate expanding this greatly. NJCSD will also be hosting and co-hosting several shooting events and training opportunities throughout the coming year. Two General Meetings are planned, open to all NJCSD members and prospective members - the first will be this coming March (date and location to be announced shortly). We're planning a very interesting agenda, with guest speakers and activities you won't want to miss. Look for these and other upcoming events on our expanding calendar of activities for the coming year.
- Growing Partnerships with Other Organizations - Many other organizations share some or all of the goals of NJCSD. This year we'll be forging new alliances with like-minded organizations to help leverage our own efforts and get more done together. Look for more news and announcements about how we'll be working with other groups in the coming year.
That's just a taste of what we have in mind for NJCSD and for you as we embark on a new, more assertive and aggressive phase of our growth. It's going to be exciting, challenging, stimulating and FUN!!! -- and we certainly hope that YOU will be along for the ride. NJCSD has a core group of volunteers that manage all the critical areas of the organization's business and needs, but we can always use a little more help. Many hands make the work go easier, as they say. If you would like to help out, even for a few hours at a time, just drop us an email and we'll put you to work on something interesting and useful. No pressure -- just an opportunity to help the cause along any way you can.
It's going to be one of the most exciting and interesting years in the history of NJCSD and we're inviting each and every one of you to be a part of it! This is the time and the place. Jump in -- the water's fine.